DJI company, the undisputed leader in the manufacture, distribution, and sale of drones in the market, continues to enlarge its more than large family of these devices, with the inclusion of the DJI Mavic Mini. Specifically, this one that has its headquarters in the Chinese city of Shenzhen is specialized in the drone sector for photography and video. It should be noted that they also market with those known as’ Gimbals. Among its advertising services and supports, it is sponsored by the renowned robot fighting competition, ‘RoboMaster Robotics Competition’.
DJI Mavic Mini features
- Regarding the camera, the main element of this type of drones, DJI Mavic Mini has a 1/2.3 sensor. Specifically, this can record videos in 2.7K at 30 frames per second, but if you want to record at 1.080p you will have to use 60 frames. In case you want to use it for photography, it should be noted that the DJI Mavic Mini has a 12-megapixel camera that will offer good results, despite not having the 4K quality of other models in the range.
- Weight is without a doubt one of the great factors that allow this model to be transported without any difficulty anywhere. Its weight is around 249 grams, so you can avoid certain regulations established for heavier drones.
- On the mechanical part, DJI Mavic Mini has a remote control designed and created exclusively by DJI. It should be noted that it also includes numerous sensors and visual receivers to allow a safer flight.
- Regarding autonomy, DJI Mavic Mini has a battery that provides about 30 minutes of flight. In addition, it has image and sound transmission via Wi-Fi, so recorded content can be viewed live.
DJI Mavic Mini recording functions
The DJI Mavic Mini has a wide variety of recording functions, so despite its size it becomes one of the great attractions of the drone market, among these functions the following can be highlighted.
- Time-lapse: the fast-motion of any device with a lens, the DJI Mavic Mini will do it with aerial shots.
- Rocket: upwardly controlled movement in which the xDJI Mavic Mini can reach 36 meters in height to record an overhead shot.
- Orbit: DJI Mavic Mini can trace a kind of circle on the subject to get a more general recording of the environment where it is located.
- Spiral: with a spiral movement, DJI Mavic Mini can record the subject while moving away a little by little at a maximum distance of 36 meters.
- Dronie: With the subject still on a surface, DJI Mavic Mini moves backwards while ascending and focusing the subject. This movement, like the previous ones, can be programmed between 12 and 36 meters high.
Models, prices, accessories and availability
The DJI Mavic Mini began to be marketed online on October 30, specifically on the official DJI company site. It should be noted that this model was launched in two models.
- DJI Mavic Mini Fly More Combo: It has a package that includes, a propeller guard and three complete sets of spare propellers. In addition, it also has a two-way charging hub, two extra batteries and a cover for protection during transport. Its current price is 499 euros.
- DJI Mavic Mini standard version: the most economical version of the DJI Mavic Mini, includes a remote control, an extra battery, a set of spare propellers and all the necessary tools. For all this, its price drops to 399 euros
Regarding accessories, DJI Mavic Mini has a wide variety of these that can be incorporated into the drone to maximize its potential. It should be noted that the following can now be purchased on the official website.
- Accessory adapter: accessory in the form of a recurring LED display for writing messages.
- Protector for propellers in 360 degrees.
- Mini travel bag: ideal for travel.
- Charging hub illuminated.
- Bidirectional charging hub: with capacity for simultaneous charging of up to three batteries.
- Attachment of the propellers.
- DIY creative kit: stickers and designs to customize the DJI Mavic Mini.